Does Massage Therapy Only Help Soft Tissue Injuries?
Should you ever get into any unfortunate accident that leads to soft tissue injuries, you can count on massage therapy to help relieve the pain and promote a faster healing time. However, massage therapy isn’t only good for soft tissue injuries. The professionals at Impact Medical Port Richey would like to inform you of what massage therapy entails and all the wonderful ways it can benefit you.
What is Massage Therapy?
Chiropractic care is usually the first type of treatment that people think of when they get an accident-related injury, and that’s a very healthy way of thinking. However, while a chiropractor can take care of many of the issues concerning your body, a massage therapist can give you added benefits in conjunction with any other care you’re seeking. During massage therapy, your soft tissue is encouraged to relax and revert into its natural form or position. As you can imagine, this style of treatment can lead to a vast number of benefits.
The most prevalent use for massage therapy is the treatment of soft tissue injuries which also happen to be the most common form of accidental injury. Anything to do with your muscles, tendons, and ligaments can all be relieved through this treatment method. This is because massage therapy is effective in breaking down scar tissue in order to make way for your muscles to lengthen out and heal properly. But that’s not all that this form of treatment can do.
How Massage Therapy Helps with Other Issues
While massage therapy is great for treating injuries regarding your soft tissue, it can help in many other ways. For one, it improves the circulation in your body for an overall wonderful feeling and the ability to heal faster in most aspects. Massage therapy can also assist in the treatment of other injuries such as:
- Lower back pain. Gently pressing into the lower back can loosen up tension and relieve stiffness and pain.
- Repetitive strain. With techniques designed to relax the body, you can feel tremendous relief from the constant and frequent uncomfortableness that has been wearing down your body.
- Rotator cuff tears. Located in the area where the arm connects to the shoulder, massage therapy can target your rotator cuff and treat it as it does with soft tissue injuries.
- Your neck and head can directly affect your brain, and so providing relief in those areas has been proven to help with concussions.
- Spinal cord injuries. After an impact, your spinal discs could fall out of place leading to a number of spinal cord injuries. Massage therapy can help guide your discs back into place and restore your alignment.
The Best Massage Therapists in Port Richey
If you believe that massage therapy can help you, come visit the experts at Impact Medical Port Richey! Our massage therapists are skilled in all the best practices to pave the way for a speedy recovery, and you’re guaranteed to feel sweet relief after each session. Give us a call at (727) 848-3377 to schedule an appointment today!