Chiropractic Therapy for Sciatic Pain
Many debilitating conditions can impact your life, especially after you have been the victim of an automobile or motorcycle accident. One of the most disruptive can be sciatic nerve pain. Sciatica affects over 10% of the general population and is especially prevalent in the “under 50” crowd. These numbers go up when trauma has occurred. In fact, this is an incredibly common complaint that we treat at our Impact Medical facility in Bradenton.
Sciatic nerve pain is characterized by a sharp, shooting pain that originates in the lower portion of the back and then travels down through the hip, buttock, and leg. The pain can range from moderate to so severe that it impedes mobility and causes sufferers to be unable to participate in daily activities and tasks without debilitating pain. Often, sciatic pain is one-sided and results from a trauma to the spine such as the type that may have been caused in an accident.
While there are invasive treatments and medications that many physicians utilize to manage this condition, the multidisciplinary treatment team at Impact Medical has found that chiropractic care can be highly effective in providing relief from sciatic pain after you have been in a collision in the greater Bradenton area.
Partnering with one of our excellent chiropractic specialists gives you a non-invasive treatment option that encourages the body to heal itself. Additionally, chiropractic medicine does not use pharmaceuticals, but rather a holistic and natural approach of several techniques, including:
- This foundational principle of chiropractic treatment is where the spine is gently manipulated back into proper alignment, thus allowing the body to function optimally.
- Adjustments help to eliminate nerve pain and inflammation, including those associated with sciatica.
HEAT AND ICE
- These help to reduce pain, swelling, and inflammation that trigger sciatica symptoms to act up
- Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS) therapy uses an electrical current that flows through electrodes placed at specific sites to help control pain and relax the nerves.
- Electrical currents can be adjusted to achieve therapeutic effects including reduced pain and spasming.
- TENS therapy can be done in the office or at home and in conjunction with other treatments such as heat, ice, and physical therapy
- Sound waves emit a mild heat that penetrates deep into muscle tissue to improve circulation in injured areas, reduce spasming, and ease cramping and pain.
Along with the above modalities of treatment, our chiropractors will work alongside their other Impact Medical Bradenton team members to provide a well-rounded approach to treating your accident injuries from a whole-body perspective. These treatments may include physical therapy, nutritional advice, imaging studies, and more.
Here at Impact Medical, we know the struggles you may face while recovering from an accident in Bradenton. Helping you to get your life back and feel your best is our top priority. You don’t need to suffer in pain any longer. If you have been a victim of such unfortunate circumstances, reach out to our friendly and highly qualified team of medical professionals and take your life back today!