Our Favorite At-Home Exercises to Supplement Chiropractic Care
Everybody loves extra credit especially when the payoff is less pain! With so many people working from home, there has never been a better time to amp up your self-care. But we know people are busy so we’ve put together four of our favorite at-home exercises that will complement your chiropractic care from Impact Medical Group Clearwater.
They say sitting is the new smoking. With this simple exercise, you can find a great stretch and realign your posture.
- Start by sitting comfortably in a chair with arms relaxed by your side.
- Squeeze your shoulder blades together without raising them.
- Hold the stretch for 10 seconds and then release.
- Repeat 5 times to complete the set. Repeat through the day as necessary.
Perfect exercise to ease any back pain issues. During this floor exercise, keep your arms horizontal and hold the pose for 30-60 seconds before switching sides and repeating the exercise.
- Lie flat on your back.
- Use your hands to bring your knees up to your abdomen. Then, slowly twist your knees to the right side.
- Shift your hips to the center so your hips and shoulders are aligned.
- Return knees to center and then twist knees to the left-hand side.
Neck Range of Motion
Ideally, this is a movement that should be done every hour to alleviate stiffness and encourage realignment.
- Turn your head slowly to the right.
- Gently bring back to the center and slowly to the left. Repeat each side 3 times.
- Then, gently tilt your head towards the right shoulder without lifting the shoulder up.
- Gently bring back to center and tilt to the left shoulder without lifting the shoulder up.
- Repeat twice.
A soothing spine stretch that is great for unwinding after a long day of sitting or standing.
- Begin by sitting on your knees with feet tucked under.
- Then, extend your arms in front and curl your body towards the floor.
- Ensure that your feet and hips are still while touching your forehead to the floor.
- Remain in this pose for at least a minute. Can be repeated 2-3 times daily.
Are you interested in learning more about chiropractic care? Our team at Impact Medical Group Clearwater is a progressive, multi-disciplinary medical practice dedicated to making a positive impact on the lives of every patient we have the pleasure of treating. We strive to improve the overall health, happiness and well-being of our community. Give us a call at (727) 334-8470 to make an appointment today!